Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Engine Rebuild/Turbo on track

Rapidly trying to get my engine together and stuffed back into the car for club race coming up September 30 - October 2. It's gonna be very close but so far things are going very well. I'm optimistic. Not too many surprises and most have been easily (and quickly) handled...so far. I owe most, if not all of this to my good friend and mechanic who knows these little motors, and this car specifically, better than most know their significant others...including myself.

Drove that 2011 911 Turbo with a PDK at the track last week. All I can say is "WOW!" That is one fast automobile. The PDK is amazing. Unbelieveably quick upshifting and downshifting - with engine blips done automatically for you on downshifts. Very stable. I did not drive the car without PSM(traction control) on, simply because that's the very first time I have driven a 911 turbo on a race track, and, it wasn't my car! Don't want to think about what happens if I put it in a wall or something. Final best lap time - 1:20.4 - fastest lap I have ever turned at Hallett and that was in the first session I was in the car. I also ran a 1:20.7 with student (250lb) in the passenger seat the next session. Might have been a 1:19...maybe. Anyhow, was great fun and I highly recommend it should anyone ever get the chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment