Thursday, September 5, 2013

2013 HPR Club Race

Finally got all my...er...stuff together to take the car racing again at HPR. I had told myself that I would run some local events before I went out of state. But my racing buddies were persistent and I folded like a lawn chair.

Made the drive/tow to Colorado again, hoping for better success.

As it turns out, a good move and a successful weekend. Beyond some early carb adjustment, the car ran beautifully, and ultimately finished the weekend for a change. Hadn't done that in a while, so I was very happy to be driving it on the trailer at the end of the weekend. Ran/drove well enough to earn 2 second place class finishes in the sprint races that weekend. Woohoo! I'm on the board at least.

Next up, an opportunity too good to resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment